The Prohibited Activities and Services
The subscription services and infrastructure provided by VPN4ALL and its suppliers may NOT be used for the following activities, services or contents:
- Distribution and/or storage of any child pornography including minors, violence or bestiality
- Distribution of illegal contents that conflict with Trademarks or intellectual property rights of a third party
- Distribution and/or storage of racist propaganda material
- Distribution and/or storage of material supporting National Socialism
- SPAM (sending of unsolicited electronic messages in bulk)
- Distribution of any pop-ups from our service
- Attack in any way, shape or form on any other computer or network while on our service
- Sending, introducing or executing malicious programs into any network or server, such as viruses, worms, trojan horses, and key loggers
- Causing or initiating security breaches or disruptions of network communication and/or connectivity, including flood pings, email-bombing, packet spoofing, and forged routing information
- Hacking, and/or subverting, or assisting others in subverting, the security or integrity of Internet and intranet systems
- Executing any form of network activity that will intercept data not intended for the user
- Evading or circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account, including cracking, brute-force, or dictionary attacks
- Interfering with or denying service to any user, host, or network, such as a denial of service attack or distributed denial of service attack
- Using any program, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with or disable a user’s session
- Forgery of e-mail headers (“spoofing”)
- Issuing a dangerous threat, threatening bodily harm, or encouraging bodily harm or property destruction;
- Harassing another, or encouraging harassing behavior
- Sending, distributing or premeditated requesting any information, data, material, or work that infringes the intellectual property rights of others or violates any trade secret right of any other person
- Using our services to disseminate, exchange, swap, upload, download, store, collect, or display still or moving images classified under international law as child pornography or child erotica (regardless of literary or artistic merit) and/or bestiality
- Engaging in, promoting or encouraging criminal or terrorist activities of any sort
- Scanning of other computers, servers or networks using (netscanning) our network
- Acting in any manner that might subject VPN4ALL to any liability to third parties
- Transferring any kind of p2p traffic through servers that are marked “No P2P” in the server list in the VPN4ALL client software
Violations of this Usage Policy are strictly forbidden and will result in termination of your account, without any refund of amounts previously paid for this Service.
Although VPN4ALL Ltd. maintains the most advanced and complete global third tier Internet network in the world, we cannot and do not guarantee the speed of our services (as we are only in control of our own server network and not in control of your ISP and routers that you may use to access the Internet, routers and networks the data passes outside of our server network and networks which the data, content, services, or products that you access are on). When the Refund Policy doesn’t apply, no refunds will be given if you are dissatisfied with the speed of our services.
Although we do guarantee 99.999% uptime of our server network, we cannot and do not guarantee that you will have uninterrupted services on specific servers. We have no control and cannot guarantee how the Internet will perform in your area. We are not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, inconveniences, or whatsoever damages, or loss of profit that may arise from the use of our services. When the Refund Policy doesn’t apply, no refunds will be given if you are dissatisfied with frequency and length of our scheduled or unscheduled server service interruptions.
We do not guarantee your favorite server(s) will always be up and working. We reserve the right to add or remove servers, or re-allocate servers from one country to another at any time we see fit, without any advance notice, for the security, stability and performance of our network. We do however maintain servers and IPs in important geographical locations such as the USA, UK and Central Europe. However, we cannot guarantee that specific servers in smaller regions will always be available (contact support if you are signing up to the service for a specific server outside of the USA, UK or Central Europe). We are not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, inconveniences, or whatsoever damages, or loss of profit that may arise from the use of our services. When the Refund Policy doesn’t apply, no refunds will be given if you are dissatisfied with our services.
Fair Use Policy
Our server network is used by many people over the world, thus as a user of VPN4ALL you oblige yourself to use our servers and services fairly and reasonably. You are encouraged to keep in mind that you are not the only member that makes use of our servers and services and that you pay only a fraction of what ordinary ISPs charge you for a traffic allowance of a few gigabytes.
While VPN4ALL does not impose a strict bandwidth limit on its unlimited bandwidth plans, the term of “fair and reasonable use” applies. If a user utilizes more than 1% of the entire VPN4ALL network’s bandwidth on a metered basis, VPN4ALL will try to find a mediated solution with the user in question, asking him/her to reduce their traffic usage. In case that fails, we can temporary limit this user’s traffic usage or ask him to consider an overage charge. As we do whatever is in our power to always provide sufficient bandwidth and traffic to our community, in the history of VPN4ALL, no person has been warned to date.
In no event shall VPN4ALL Ltd., its independent contractors, service providers, or consultants be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of the service, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees and agents, from and against any third party claims, damages, loss, liability, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of your use of the Site and any discussion forums or interactive areas contained herein, including without limitation any actual or threatened suit, demand, or claim made against VPN4ALL Ltd. and/or its independent contractors, service providers, or consultants, arising out of or relating to your conduct, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of the rights of any third party.
In any event, VPN4ALL Ltd. shall never be liable for any monetary damages beyond what the user paid to VPN4ALL Ltd. and this will not include court costs or attorney fees irrespective of any statues or laws that may be interpreted otherwise.
We do not control, nor are we responsible for any data, content, services, or products (including software) that you access, download, receive or buy online while using the VPN4ALL service. We are not a publisher of third-party content accessed through the VPN4ALL service and are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness or delivery of any opinions, advice, statements, messages, services, graphics, data or any other information provided to or by third parties as accessible through the service. We have no responsibility for third party provider policies, or their or your compliance with them.
If any user utilizes the VPN4ALL service, network or its physical infrastructure in a manner that exposes VPN4ALL Ltd., its independent contractors, service providers, or consultants to potential liability or harm, as reasonably determined by VPN4ALL Ltd., VPN4ALL Ltd. may suspend permanently or terminate the access to the VPN4ALL services, VPN4ALL server network or its physical infrastructure by such user.
The remedial actions set forth in this Terms of Service shall not be construed in any way to limit the actions or remedies that VPN4ALL Ltd. may take to enforce and ensure compliance with this Terms of Service and the means appropriate to lead to the aim to protect and indemnify VPN4ALL and its innocent users. VPN4ALL Ltd. reserves the right to recover any and all expenses, and apply any reasonable charges in connection with a user’s violation of these Terms of Service. No refund or service credits will be issued for any interruption in service resulting from violations of this Terms of Service by users or third persons.
Can, Can’t Do
Legal P2P, peer to peer and file sharing is only permitted on certain servers that are marked P2P in the server list in the VPN4ALL client software. All other servers are marked ‘No P2P’. Any violation of this policy found to be associated with your License Number or Email Address will result in immediate account termination without a refund. There are NO P2P servers located in the USA!
No SPAM, including web-spam, whatsoever from any server is permitted. Any violation of this policy found to be associated with your License Number or Email Address will result in immediate account termination without a refund.
Last revised 01 February, 2014
VPN4ALL Ltd. Prinsenhil 29 4825 AX Breda The Netherlands
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with VPN4ALL software or our server network, please open a technical support ticket before claiming a refund as our dedicated support team will be happy to solve any problem(s).
While the VPN4ALL software and service is continuously tested on all typical Windows and Mac setups, the truth is that there are hundreds of non-typical Windows and Mac setups – with different AV and Firewall configurations and thousands of other programs installed – connected over thousands of different ISPs and routers, all with their own flaws. So even though we have every intention of making VPN4ALL work on every customer’s computer flawlessly, in reality, there is always going to be that 5% of users where VPN4ALL will need some tweaking which we are prepared to do for you but you have to give us the possibility to make it work.
Our dedicated support team can almost always fix any technical problems you might have and we will be happy to assist you.
Managing Your PayPal Subscription
VPN4ALL offers the option to use PayPal Subscription as a convenience to the Customer to set up automated payments without keeping their Credit Card on record with us. If you chose to utilize PayPal Subscription option to pay for your VPN4ALL service, you are responsible for managing your own PayPal Subscription. VPN4ALL does not manage or monitor PayPal Subscription activity and is not responsible for errors relating to PayPal Subscriptions.
Note: PayPal Subscriptions are an agreement strictly between the Customer and PayPal, and do not involve any agreements with VPN4ALL. PayPal Subscriptions are 100% managed by the Customer and not by VPN4ALL. VPN4ALL cannot cancel customer’s PayPal Subscription(s).
CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel your VPN4ALL service, or switch payment method from PayPal to Credit Card, you are responsible for canceling your own PayPal Subscription directly through your PayPal account. VPN4ALL is not responsible for canceling ANY PayPal Subscriptions and cannot do this for you. No refund will be granted if you fail to cancel your PayPal Subscription.
DOUBLE PAYMENTS: If you are an active VPN4ALL customer and you find that PayPal has taken a double-payment, WE DID NOT DOUBLE BILL YOU. This means that you accidentally created a 2nd PayPal Subscription. If this happens, you are responsible for canceling the duplicate PayPal Subscription. No refund will be given for accidental duplicate subscription creations.
All the excessive payments (duplicate payments, payments that come in after you cancel your VPN4ALL service) are automatically applied to your VPN4ALL Account as Funds Deposit. You should first cancel your PayPal Subscription(s).
If you are an active VPN4ALL user, payments for future invoices will be taken out of your Funds Deposit. When your account credit runs out, you should re-create a PayPal Subscription or utilize our convenient Credit Card payment option in order to pay future invoices.
If you are no longer an active VPN4ALL user, contact our Billing Department and we will render you services for the amount sent to us from your PayPal account. No refund will be granted if you failed to cancel your PayPal Subscription(s).
In addition, by choosing to utilize PayPal Subscription option you agree that VPN4ALL will not be held liable for any fees incurred by any PayPal Subscription payments, erroneous or otherwise, such as Bank NSF fees, Over Limit fees, or other fees associated with payment methods linked to your PayPal account, and/or any PayPal Subscription agreements between you and PayPal.
How to Cancel your PayPal Subscription:
- Log into PayPal, then click on the History link in your account overview
- Select the Subscriptions link above the activity listings. Now you should see all your subscriptions and recurring charges in PayPal
- Click the Active button, then scroll down and click Cancel Subscription
- Now confirm that you want to cancel the PayPal subscription and stop all recurring charges by clicking the Cancel Subscription button on the confirmation page
Payments made through Paymentwall:
(found at the checkout and in Client Area under “Worldwide Payments”)
- Refund terms are determined by Paymentwall and not VPN4ALL
- Issuing a refund may take longer than 48 hours
- Some payment methods in Paymentwall have a refund period of less than 30 days. In such cases it may be not be possible to issue a refund through the same payment method. User can choose to continue the service or be refunded through PayPal or Bitcoin. It is the user’s responsibility to provide us with the PayPal or Bitcoin details required to make a refund.
- Issuing a refund may require providing additional information, including personal details associated with your account with the payment method. It’s the user’s responsibility to provide all the required information to obtain the refund as Paymentwall will not provide a refund without the requisite information.
- Depending on the payment method, issuing a refund may incur a refund fee which is paid to Paymentwall. The user can choose to continue the service or be refunded through PayPal or Bitcoin instead.
Payments made via BitCoin
By using BitCoin to pay for VPN4ALL service, service upgrade or service renewal you acknowledge that BitCoin is not an official currency backed by a government or an international financial institution and BitCoin maybe prone to short-term large exchange rate fluctuations. You agree that any refunds utilizing BitCoin will be valued at the BitCoin exchange rate to USD, EUR or GBP at the date of the refund payout and not at the value of the original transaction or date of the refund request.